December 25, 2010

A Christmas poem

Thank you Jesus for traveling so far
You are a star
in my book
Just one look at your story
and I'm amazed
how much it took
to show us your glory.
You could have come to impress
Could have caused great distress
Could have lived just for fame
(You'd have still been God, all the same)
But you laid it aside,
You pressed toward the prize
Of a bride with star filled eyes
Paradise lost - you came to regain
To seek and to save... that's why you came.
Tonight I am grateful for all that You've done.
And I want to say that as a Son...
You have given more than I could have asked for
As Christmas slips by, the hours quickly fading
Tomorrow looms ahead - soon I'll be wading
Through all the everyday tasks - you know what I mean
From diapers to dishes and everything between
But now it is quiet. The perfect time to say
Thank you Jesus for coming this way.

Luke 2:10-12 Don't be afraid! I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear from you!