November 16, 2011

Needier than I thought

This morning:
Maya: Mom, I had a bad dream.
Me: What did you dream?
Maya: I dreamed of people that had no water to swim in. They had no food to eat. They had no pots to cook in... (she named a few other things)
Me: What DID they have?
Maya: Nothing. They didn't have anything...
That is a bad dream. And I imagine it's someone's reality.
Maybe mine...

 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal. Matt. 6:18-20
Be my treasure, God.
Help me to let loose of things seen, so I can cling to what is Unseen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear from you!