July 27, 2016

How big is God?

a watercolor girl I completed recently
When the alarm went off this morning, I was in the middle of a dream.

In it, I was walking outside with one of my girls when we saw a table with several people. I recognized them from a church I used to attend in Tennessee, so I stopped to chat for a few minutes. As I retied my bundle, they invited me to sit and visit for a few moments. As I settled in, the lady beside me leaned over to whisper Darrel's in the hospital in critical condition - they don't expect him to make it.

As I processed this new information, I looked around the table, then asked her, "Do you want me to pray for him?" She agreed, and we joined hands.

In my dream, I began to recite the words from a children's song,
and the people around the table joined in:

Our God is so big, so strong and so mighty-
There's nothing that our God can't do.

Then, I did the unthinkable.

I threw my head back and laughed- laughed! Which seems out of place when you are facing a crisis.

Then I declared: Jesus, you are the Supreme Ultra-Lord of the Universe...

And that is when Ethan's alarm sounded. 

When I woke up, my immediate thought was Ultra Lord?? Where did that name come from?!?
Then I started to think about prayer, and the way we pray. 

We pray as if things are easy or hard, challenging, or impossible - I don't think these words even exist to God. We categorize things because we are finite, and the things we ask for are impossible, challenging, or hard to us. The fact is, God is so incredibly magnificent, that even when we stretch our imaginations to ask the biggest thing we can think of, he still says he is able to do more than that. God does not see things as easy or hard, he sees them as done. 

In the souped-up, supercharged Amplified version it says:


Isn't that incredible?

God is able to do more than we can dare to ask or think – he can do infinitely more than we could dare to pray for, hope for, or even imagine. Nothing is impossible because his power is at work in us!

Whoa.

When we pray, we sometimes feel      s   t   r   e   t   c   h   e   d     just thinking about our needs.

God doesn't feel that strain. He is so big, that everything is equally small and do-able to Him.

Finding the car keys? Easy.

Removing the cancer from someone's body? Simple.

Helping that prodigal find their way home? No problem!


Oh God - NOTHING is too hard for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear from you!