July 21, 2008

Hair and other things . . .





A little late night hang out time with my Jasmine. (Sorry for the poor quality - low light combined with our computer camera makes for grainy pics. Oh well . . .) Oh my goodness, I love our girls so much. Oh, and yes, as you can see, I just got a haircut . . . a bit dramatic, going from very long to very short, but I'm calling it my new 'mommy' do. It takes a lot less time than trying to style those longer tresses. I suppose you noticed Ethan's hair (or lack of it), as well. There's a story behind that one. Ethan wanted to shave his head, so when he asked me what I thought about it, I told him I didn't mind as long as he let me cut my hair. Well, there you go. Now both of us have a new style! (Although I will be very glad when Ethan's "style" grows out.)

Today I spoke to a youth group from Washington for two hours. Afterwards, one of the leaders came up to me with teary eyes and thanked me for sharing. "You have no idea how many things you said were right on. Thank you." Four or five other students also came up to me afterwards to give me a hug and thank me for sharing. That is a big thing coming from teenagers. At least I think so . . .

I love getting the opportunity to teach. It is one area that I feel absolutely plugged in; I feel God's pleasure and approval in those times - perfectly happy. I'd love to teach God's Word in such a way that people are driven to seek God for themselves afterward. I want to spark passion and hunger for God, because only a right understanding of His character will lead us to the revolution this world needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear from you!