March 30, 2017

My favorite child

lifeinmissions blog


I know that people say that -as a parent- you shouldn't have favorites, but I do.

Don't judge.


Jasmine is my favorite because she was my first child. 

Her creativity is limitless, and her desire to serve and give to others is beautiful. She has a gift of hospitality, and loves serving our family through cooking, homemade gifts and acts of service. 

Yep, Jasmine is my favorite.



Apple pie goodness
Maya is definitely my favorite.


Then there's Maya. 






Maya is my favorite because of her gentle spirit. 

She's my quiet one, my big hearted girl whose ambition is to one day care for babies and children who have been orphaned. She's a deep thinker, a hard worker, and her laugh always makes me smile. I love that girl. 



What about Rosalina?











Oh, she's my favorite too!

 Rosalina is the personification of joy. She delights in so many things- unicorns, polka dots, sprinkles, Sugar! Lol. Her joy comes so easily, that you just want to add to it. Whether it's by a small treat, or making sure she gets a unicorn cake for her birthday, she's the kind of person you just enjoy loving on. Her happiness seems to rub off, multiplying the joy of others around her.

Yes, Rosalina is most certainly my favorite.

Ah, let's not forget about Sofia.







Sofia is my favorite, because she is the baby. 

She can hardly start the day until I have snuggled with her at least 10 to 15 minutes in the morning. 

She forces me to slow down, and remember the joy of being loved. She loves the great outdoors and refuses to go on a walk without returning with a pocket full of rocks, pinecones, and other little treasures. She's a noticer, and her joy in nature reminds me to stop and see it too.



Sofia is surely my favorite.

You see, when I say I have favorites, I mean All of them. 

In this way, I imagine God has His favorites too. 

Let that sink in sweet friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear from you!