November 22, 2017

How I Choose Joy

This Thanksgiving season has been a very deliberate one for me. I started the month by taking Jasmine in for an X-ray to make sure she didn't have a fractured wrist. Thankfully it wasn't broken.






Sofia cut her own hair.

Lifeinmissions
She's pretty happy about her handiwork
Lifeinmissions
Yikes! 

Lifeinmissions
Thankfully, I know a great hairstylist!

Our cat (poor Bob) was passing blood, so we had an unexpected visit to the vet. Thankfully, we were able to get some medicine for him so he could mend.



Then I had to cancel our Thanksgiving plans because of sick children. Fevers, swollen glands, headaches, painful swallowing. You get the picture. 

Lifeinmissions
In the waiting room


Soooo... I thought I'd share this picture with you.

lifeinmissions


This is how I choose joy.
This month has had more trouble than I could articulate in one post, but gratitude has become my lifesaver. Choosing to seek out the good when Trouble is competing for attention is a deliberate practice, but well worth it. 
So even though I have cried a lot the last couple days, I'm shading in a silver lining of my own:

Thankful that wrist wasn't broken.

Thankful I have a friend who knows how to turn little girl's impulse into a lovely new hairstyle.

Thankful for skilled veterinarians who can help a sweet cat get better.

Thankful for essential oils, hot tea, and lay low days when little girls can rest and get better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear from you!