July 27, 2012

Facebook Fridays - July 2012

Jasmine rescued a snail today from being stepped on in the church parking lot. She named him Alfred. : )
Remember the snail Jasmine rescued - Alfred? Well, she collected some leaves and made a mini-paradise for him on the kitchen counter. ; )



Today is our 10th Anniversary! All I've got to say is, I sure picked a good one! 
I've lived more adventures with Ethan than I thought were possible. On our wedding day, someone gave me a book inscribed with a verse from Psalm 68:6 - God sets the solitary in families. Coming from a very broken family life, that was my hope. And today, it is my beautiful reality. Not only do I have wonderful in-laws, I have three precious girls who are blessed with the gift of a Mom AND Dad. Thank you God, for this treasure. I am so blessed...



Garage sale find of the day: $11 for a bag of Polly pockets. The girls have been playing for over 2 hours now - score!


Lesser lovers will have to take cover

When the King comes through
It’s time to be pruned
No living for the pleasure that a moment can bring
No clinging to the lesser things
No more weighing life in the balance to see
If I’ve given enough to warrant eternity



He’s after my heart, not what I give
And if I just have this one life to live
Why would I try to give God the slip
When He set down the cards and proclaimed “I’m all in”
To mete out my gifts as if they were for hire
Is a slap to the face of Love.

So be warned, Lesser Lovers
I’m through with you
My heart has been captured
I’m “all in” too...
So this is the conclusion - the aim of my life
To give as He gave, to love as He loved.
To go lower - if that is possible.
This humble King gave everything
How could I give less?


It is the grace of God to look down and see the sky in a puddle. : )

Me, so tan after Hawaii

Thank you for this wonderful world we live on, and thank you for my little baby's eyes. - part of Maya's extended blessing over the food and Rosalina's brown eyes : )

photo by Joe Prax, taken in Valdez, Alaska
Yesterday, Maya used a baby rattle to transform our home into a spaceship so we could fly into space. Then she warned me not to step on the shlifferdinks - as she pointed at a stray utensil that had fallen on the kitchen floor.

Today we came home to a stray cat wandering around the yard. Jasmine came inside and drew a picture of a dog, then took it outside to show the cat, in hopes it would scare it away.

Later Rosalina asked if she could have a cookie out of the story I was reading to her. Sure! I answered. She promptly grabbed at the page and (pretended to) eat one. Then she grabbed another to share with the baby I was holding.

If I had the time, I would take these little moments and turn them into books. Love these little imaginations!




When Maya saw these birds, she thought they were lining up to jump!

Just visited with a sweet couple who adopted/raised 7+ children after they raised their own son. They still have a couple at home, with their youngest a Junior this year. Thank you God for people who are willing to open their home to others. #two more names in my book of heroes - Dale and Debbie Lightfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear from you!